Sunday, October 2, 2011

7/27/11 EK

When we were younger, Erika and I were the best of friends. Yes, mom was teaching her how to say "no" to me since she would do whatever I asked her to do. But I didn't order her around like a slave. We played a lot. Mom would overhear Erika laughing a lot and then yell at me to leave her alone and Erika would have to tell her that we were playing and I wasn't bothering her. Man did I get a bad rap.

Anyway, we used to stand in the bathroom and watch ourselves in the mirror as I manipulated her hands to do all sorts of funny things like brush her hair or rub her face. We used to pass notes between our rooms and deliver them as the postal service. We played school and store. We made my room into one giant fort and spent the night on the floor. One of the times we had the most fun was when my dad had left a bag of his camping gear at our house. I'm not sure why or where he was but Erika and I had a photo shoot. We dressed in a bunch of his different camo gear and set up campsites in our backyard and pretended to be exploring the wilderness.

Today is Erika's birthday and I am very thankful for her.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment