Monday, October 17, 2011

10/6/11 Picking Up Where I Left Off

I have made a goal of reading the top 100 banned classic novels. No, those aren't band classics, they are classics that have been banned. I am starting at the top and reading them all. I am also choosing to reread things I did in school. I figure I will get a little more out of them as an adult the second time around. Telling people about this is also good because it strikes up some good conversation. I took the summer off while Ethan was here and I'm just getting started back up. Probably because I am reading Ulysses. People keep telling me that I shouldn't read it, it is terrible. Oh, it is terrible, but I will finish it. And I'm so close. I'm hoping to have it done by the end of this month and then I will be so happy to cross it off the list. So far I've read The Great Gatsby, Grapes of Wrath, To Kill A Mockingbird, and The Catcher in the Rye. Let's see how long it takes me to get through them all.

I am thankful for my reading goal of the top 100 banned classics and all the conversation it stirs up.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment