Wednesday, October 5, 2011

8/2/11 Inked!

Today was the day. The last day I will have two feet that look the same and the first day that I will have two feet that look different. I got a tattoo this afternoon. I was planning on going by myself since I had no idea who I would ask to come with me and just sit there for an hour. But Erin offered to come with me and drive me home so I didn’t have to be alone and so that I wouldn’t have to use my foot to drive. What a great friend! So I went to the shop and saw what Jeff had designed. I thought it looked good so he stenciled it on. They use medical ink on a piece of paper. He put something on my foot to help the ink transfer. I don’t know if it was just water or if it was a gel of some kind. He made sure everything was lined up just the right way before he stuck it on. I looked in the mirror to give it a final ok and then he got to work. Erin took some pictures of me while I was getting it done. He probably thought we were lame. The tattooing on the bone hurt a lot with my ankle bone being the worst. But the funny thing was that as soon as he lifted up the needle the pain went away. So at least there isn’t anything residual and it only lasted one hour. I did ok. I think it looks very pretty and I’m excited to have it. Jeff did a great job designing in based on what I told him I was looking for as a concept. And I’m glad it only lasted an hour.

I am thankful for my new tattoo.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment