Monday, October 17, 2011

10/17/11 That’s All Folks

I’ve spent the last year really looking at what I have to be thankful for. The previous year and a half/two years had been really hard for me. I left a fiancé. I almost lost my house. I couldn’t afford to turn on the heat. At a time when I wasn’t sure what I was going to do or how anything could get better or how I was going to make it to the next paycheck, I decided to not focus on the negative. I decided I was not going to focus on the stress and the anger and the loss. I was not going to feel sorry for myself when there were people who actually had already lost their houses, who were without jobs, who were without a support system or resources. I vowed to take a look at my life and understand how really precious it was and how good I had it. Instead of looking in, I decided to look out. Family, friends and anonymous donors, nature, food, and random experiences small or large all helped to make my life better. I am so honored to be surrounded by the people who love and cherish me. I am better because of them.


I am thankful for you.


kk

No comments:

Post a Comment