Wednesday, October 12, 2011

8/27/11 And On It Goes

Leg 27. It was around 3am when I ran my third and final leg this morning. 5.65 miles in the inky darkness. I had a reflective vest on with flashing lights as well as a headlamp to see the road. It was a little trippy but also really amazing to run at this time. I covered my light at one point and could almost not see the sky for all the stars that were shining up there. Being away from the light pollution sure shows you how small you really are compared with the universe. It was peaceful and calm and quiet. I did see two eyes staring at me at one point which freaked me out a little but I was happy to see as I ran by that it was a cat. Our team finished the race in under 31 hours which was our goal. We learned some things for next year and hopefully we can improve our time.

I am thankful for my amazing experience on this leg and for the Relay experience in general. Bring on 2012.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment