Sunday, October 2, 2011

7/28/11 Pike Place Market

Today Jason, Ethan, and I drove to Seattle to get there a day early so we could explore Seattle before the family reunion this weekend. We had a good drive and arrived in downtown Seattle at the Pike Place Market for lunch. We watched them throw fish and looked at the beautiful flowers and interesting fruits, vegetables, and hand-made pastas. We watched a magician perform some tricks that blew Ethan away. We ate some Greek food in the park and watched the ferries crossing the water. We walked down to the waterfront and had some chowder in a sourdough bread bowl. We looked out at the mountains and water and boats and had a great time. We even went to the Ye Olde Curiosity Shoppe and looked at the mummies and goofy stuff they had. And we found some interstate bingo car games that I bought for the car ride home. It was a gorgeous day and the sights were breathtaking. I am so glad that I could share my "home town" with them.

I am thankful for our day around Pike Place.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment