Wednesday, October 5, 2011

7/30/11 Malen Family Reunion

Last night Ethan and I went to my grandparent’s house for pizza and sing-a-long for part one of the family reunion weekend. Jason arrived after driving up from filming so we all got to be there. Today was fun in the park day. We went to the rhododendron park over by my aunt and uncle’s house where we had the reunion the last time. We ate food and played lawn games. We had our photos taken and I think this year we didn’t have any crying kids which is pretty good. Then we got to do the scavenger hunt which was very fun. Mom, Barb, Ethan, Jason, and I were all on a team. We did not win, unfortunately, but we had a lot of fun running around. Then we drove to the church for dinner and auction. I came away with some fantastic socks from Nordstrom. Ethan won some of the kid’s auction items. He got a wooden train whistle and a remote control truck thing without the control so it just pushes around. He had a lot of fun. He definitely liked eating the m&m’s that were put out on the tables. He went around and got people’s autographs in his autograph book and played basketball with Jason outside while I was trying to win those socks! It was a long day for both of them (especially to hang out with someone else’s family for the first time for a full day) and they were pretty tired by the time we left but it was a very fun day all around.


I am thankful for my fun day at the family reunion.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment