Tuesday, November 9, 2010

11/9/10 Running

Portland is home to a relay race that is extremely popular internationally. So popular that they have to limit the number of teams that can enter. If you've ran the race the year before you have a good chance of being allowed to continue, but I don't believe you have a 100% guarantee. But you can fact check that. New teams are put into a drawing to see who will be allowed to participate.

The Portland "Hood to Coast" is the largest relay race in North America and happens every year toward the end of August. Often on my birthday. This coming year it will be the 26th-27th. Teams of 12 driving in 2 vans runs legs of anywhere from 2-7 miles from Mount Hood to the Portland coastline. It takes two days. You alternate through your team taking turns until you complete your 197 miles.

Last year I joined a new team but we didn't get selected to run in 2010. You register for the following year in October and we just heard back today that we made it in for 2011! Now I really need my foot to heal so I can start training again. I didn't get to participate in the Portland Marathon this year due to injury so I'm excited to be able to do the relay next summer.

I am thankful our team was drawn to run the Hood to Coast next year.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment