Wednesday, November 24, 2010

11/23/10 Jolly Time

I work with a woman who schedules "Fend For Yourself" dinner nights a couple of times a year. She cooks every other night, but on this night everyone can eat whatever they want for dinner. Anything is fair game. The only rule is that you have to have a piece of fruit or a vegetable as well. I told her I wished I had that and she reminded me that as an adult I can make that decision for myself. But it isn't quite the same as having permission. I do have to say that I am a big fan of popcorn for dinner. Something I probably inherited from my mom. And very often I will have popcorn for dinner. It's better than having dinner and popcorn right? Who needs the extra calories? I am just replacing them. And although there isn't much nutritional value, it is better than having both so I feel justified. It used to drive John crazy.

One great garage sale purchase was my air pop popcorn maker I got at the sale through the Spanish Club at Clark. We were raising money to go to Spain and so I was working it. One of the other members brought it and I promptly put it in my car after paying my dollar for it. It has been great! See, also I am being healthy by having it air popped and not putting any salt on it. Tonight I had way too much dinner and then a little popcorn. But I haven't had popcorn in a very long time so I was very excited to have it today.

I am thankful for popcorn from my air popper. Delicious!

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment