Sunday, November 7, 2010

11/4/10 It's a bird, it's a plane

This year has been very strange for weather. What is nice about recently is that there is some unseasonably warm, dry, and sunny weather. Part of my goal for this blog is to really be aware of all that is around me and take in the natural beauty that we take for granted everyday.

I have been noticing the sky recently and how amazing all the clouds have been. I must learn how to upload pictures from my new phone to the site here. I'm still learning how to use it. It is funny to me how often I see the sky and think that it doesn't even look real, it looks like a painting. I guess I should be thinking "Wow! Those painters sure were talented. They captured the sky exactly right." But I don't. It is either "Yep, that's the sky," or an amazement of how it doesn't even look like anything real. What is fantastic about being here in Portland is that we have mountains that help to make that skyline very interesting. And the city itself has some cool structures that add to the beauty, yet it isn't a very large city with so many tall buildings that you can't hardly even see the sky.

I am thankful for the clouds and how different they can be adding to the interestingness (can I make that into a word?) of the sky. There are so many different types of clouds and much like snow flakes they are seldom the same from day to day now and so it is always a delightful surprise to see what I see.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment