Wednesday, November 3, 2010

11/1/10 A Winnie-the-Pooh kind of day

Today was quite blustery. It reminds me of the time I was living in London my Senior year of college. I was on a study abroad trip and one long weekend I decided to take the ferry over to Ireland to get on a train to go to Waterford. My soul purpose was to see the countryside on my way to buy my mother Waterford china from Waterford, Ireland. This was not the countryside I was expecting or hoping to see so I think I shall have to travel along the other coast next. I think I am more interested in the south and the west...

I arrived in Waterford and then took a taxi to the factory making sure to tell the taxi driver that I was meeting friends there. Just to make sure he knew people were expecting me so he couldn't kidnap me. I wonder if he knew I was lying. I went on the tour and it was fascinating. I purchased a small butterfly for my mother and then went to Rosslare Harbour to wait for the ferry back. I checked into a hostel and walked along the bluff. It was incredibly windy. But not cold. My favorite kind of weather. Well, I suppose I like the sun and warm weather too, but there is something about the wind that really invigorates me. As long as I am warm. If I am cold, then I am not a happy camper. I think one of the things I like so much is my fantasy of being in a movie on the top of a bluff in some very windy weather wearing a long flowing white dress. Maybe that is already a movie. I'm not sure. But I think that would be fun to film.

I am thankful for the wind that blows about and makes me happy.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment