Sunday, November 28, 2010

11/24/10 Bagels

Today was the last day of work before the Holiday break. There were only going to be three of us in the office today, down from 11. And I was only going to be there a short time. I decided to bring us bagels as a treat. My boss brought the cream cheese and our front desk gal brought some grapes. On my way to Noah's Bagels on Hawthorne at 7:30 this frosty morning I was struck by how quiet it was as I walked back to my car. Being that the weather had been bad, people were not going into work or driving anywhere really. Being that it was the day before Thanksgiving, people were not going in to work. So there were almost no people walking around. Plus it was early. But there were also almost no animals anywhere. It must be too cold for them. Especially since the temperature dropped over night. It must have come as quite a shock to them. So not only were there no people noises, there were no animal noises either. It was a nice to just hear nothing. The stillness of the air was very relaxing and made me smile.

I am thankful for the stillness this morning.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment