Wednesday, November 24, 2010

11/22/10 Bert and Ernie

Bath toys are a big thing for kids. We get to play with boats, differently shaped and colored sponges, rubber duckies. One of the best toys I got for the bath was from one of the Gardner's. I don't remember if it was Eric, Mark, or Evan. Maybe they all got it for me. They came over for a slumber party. It was in the old house so I was probably around 7. I got a travel toothbrush holder shaped like an ice cream cone, I think I got a Hello Kitty mirror and comb, and I got some bath crayons. You can use them to draw on the walls, yourself, whatever, and it washed right off. How cool were those? I wonder if they still make them.

Two years ago I went to a Christmas party at a friend from college's house. We had a white elephant gift exchange. Side note here, why do we have white elephant gift exchanges? We buy gifts that we know people won't like? Maybe it takes the pressure off, but it also seems like kind of a waste of money. Anyway, I got ended up walking away with some small rubber duckies. One is a devil, and one is an angel. When you touch the silver connector thingies, they light up. They are very cool. I have them on the ledge in my shower. Although the devil goes almost three times as long as the angel which kind of creeps me out so I make sure to light him first so that they end closer to the same time and I don't have a devil ducky pulsating red light at me while I shower.

I am thankful for my light-up rubber duckies that make me shower entertaining.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment