Sunday, November 28, 2010

11/28/10 SWAG

This morning I stood in line for about 45 minutes to be one of the first 100 people to enter the "Give Handmade Sale." We got swag. And it was a pretty good haul. But the thing I really like about this sale is that it is all local Portland Artist goods. And at this particular show they donate 10 percent of their proceeds to the Oregon Food Bank. I brought some canned goods to donate and purchased some items. I got some things for me and some to share. I met some new great artists and visited with people I have been purchasing things from for years. I made sure to connect up with people I have bought things from and let them know how much I have liked my purchase and how often I have been complimented. People are all in a great mood. People weren't pushy or grabby. They were friendly. It was a good day. I look forward to the "Crafty Wonderland" and the "Handmade NW" sales coming up in December. Buy local, buy sustainable, buy recycled. I love when I can support my local Artisans and get something truly unique. I am very Portland Urban Hippie Chic. Dress skirts made from recycled T-shirts? I think so. Jewelery made from antique watch pieces? Yes, please. Everything is one of a kind. We are so lucky to have such talented people here in Portland!

I am thankful for the "Give Handmade Sale" where I can donate to the Oregon Food Bank in two ways, support my local economy and neighbors, and walk away with items that make me happy for what they are and what I have saved from a landfill.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment