Wednesday, December 8, 2010

12/5/10 Jingle Bells

Today was my Christmas Carol concert. My choir starts rehearsing in September. I love Christmas Carols. Bring 'em on. I have no problem starting so early. I know people who literally get angry if they hear Christmas music before Thanksgiving. Maybe they are just sick of the fact that there isn't enough variety in places of business so they hear the same songs over and over again. Anyway I love them and I listed to them in the car and I don't care that they are the same ones I hear over and over because I just sing along and have fun.

People really appreciated our concert today and I think the carols help people get in a festive mood. Also, being able to come to a church and listen to the music with good acoustics and not in a store with a lot of banging band in the background or with people pushing and grabbing and trying to have the best Christmas they can have and they don't care who gets in their way is a nice way for people to really enjoy the sounds of Christmas music, as well as the meaning behind Christmas.

I enjoy singing the religious music as well as the secular fun things. Except Rudolph. With all our other songs with crazy jazz and tight harmony I am fine. Simple little Rudolph? I suck. It always stressed me out. But I wouldn't give up singing in some way for the rest of my life for anything.

I am thankful for Christmas carols.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment