Friday, December 31, 2010

12/30/10 French Waffles

Growing up, my dad would bring French Waffles from Larsen's Bakery over for Christmas. I don't even know how to explain them. But they are out of this world. I haven't had one in ages, but at Thanksgiving when I visited Jennifer we went to the bakery and I had one. They are made slightly differently than when I was growing up. They used to have plain buttercream filling and the ends of them were dipped in chocolate. Now, they are no longer dipped in chocolate and the filling is slightly pink due to the raspberry filling. You can't really taste the raspberry but it still makes it look different. Still delicious. I was so excited to be coming up here at Christmas because I was going to bring one home to share. When I got there this morning, they were out! They are still trying to catch up from the holiday and they haven't had a chance to make them! They had a lot of bare shelves. I was devastated. Yes, not having a treat that I've been looking forward to can do that to me. Especially since I am going to start my healthful eating with the start of the new quarter. French waffles won't be on my list of good foods so I am sad I don't get to have one now, while I still can. So instead I purchased some cinnamon bread that I think will be good. I've heard it makes good french toast so I am going to try that this weekend. I am leaving the bakery still dreaming of French Waffles.

I am thankful for French Waffles from Larsen's bakery.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment