Monday, December 13, 2010

12/11/10 Crafty Wonderland Goodness!

Renee Rugh and I started this morning with a plan. We were going to a craft fair. Not just any craft fair. This was "Crafty Wonderland!" All local artisans who make some really cool stuff. The first 150 people get really awesome goodie bags. Last year my mother and I went. We got there about a half hour early. We weren't even close! So this year I was determined to be there early. We got there an hour and forty five minutes early. There were already 30 people ahead of us! But we made it. We had bagels for breakfast and some delicious hot beverages from Dutch Brothers. We had fun talking to each other and the people around us. I have never been to Black Friday. I have never camped out over night for seats to watch the Rose Parade. I have never waited for hours for concert tickets to go on sale. I have never been to a midnight release of a movie. This was super exciting. I guess I'm kind of nerdy to be as excited as I was for a craft show. But I got an awesome re-useable goodie bag filled with stuff, a free chinook book, and then I bought a sweatshirt and a hat. I walked away very happy. I also saw a man who used to teach at Clark who I hadn't seen in a few years. I really liked him and he just kind of disappeared. He started this amazing thing called "Supportland." So catchy, right? It is a point earning card for local businesses. A way to promote living locally and being rewarded for that. Hooray! So I got one. Now I can't wait to look up the local businesses involved. Today was a good day.

I am thankful for the Crafty Wonderland where I can get things totally unique, often recycled, and see so many different choices. Over 200 vendors to choose from!

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment