Tuesday, December 28, 2010

12/21/10 House Boat

I would very much like to live on a house boat. I'm not sure it will ever happen but it is a dream of mine. I would also like to live on a beach. I don't know how that would work feasibly either, but it would still be nice. An acceptable alternative to both of these was the time I lived in a Condo on the Portland waterfront right by the Broadway Bridge. I was right in between the railroad tracks so I got caught by the train several times. But, I loved to sit on my couch and watch the river traffic. The Christmas ships would go by this time of year, the Navy all came in during Fleet Week, there were many different barges and grain ships that would go by, in addition to all the personal water crafts that would sail or speed by. There was a grain elevator just across the way and it was fun to watch the boats rise in the water as they offloaded their supply or sink further into the water as they took on more weight. There was never a dull day on the river and I had a lot of fun living there for 2 years.

I am thankful for my time living on the Wilamette Riverfront in Portland.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment