Wednesday, December 8, 2010

11/30/10 Marionberry Pie

Visiting my friend Meredith this weekend was great since I hadn't seen her in so long, and the last time I did see her I only got to talk to her for about 5 minutes. This way we could visit for several hours. Not only did I have a great time with her and her children, I also walked away with their old microwave. I didn't have one and they just redid their entire kitchen with all new appliances. We were able to help each other out. I didn't realize how much a microwave really comes in handy. I had taken some leftovers home from dinner with my mother for breakfast the next day. When the next day arrived I had no idea how to heat it up. I didn't want to put it in the oven for a crazy long time before it would heat through and I couldn't put it on the stove top and I didn't have a container small enough for my toaster oven. So instead I found an errand to do at my mother's and ate over there. Today I ate some delicious Marion berry pie my Aunt Sharon had made for Thanksgiving that I heated up in the microwave and ate with some Vanilla Bean ice cream. Mmmmm.

I am thankful for my new-to-me microwave.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment