Friday, December 31, 2010

12/24/10 Traditions

Every year on Christmas Eve my family goes to a movie. We started off doing family movies and family Christmas movies. Then as we got older, I still liked going to Christmas movies but my sisters felt that we had outgrown the Disney cartoon phase and we started going to "real" movies. I think it was Lord of the Rings maybe that started the marked shift in genre. We have found a way almost every year despite being far apart to make things work. In the past few years this hasn't been the case but we did pretty good for a long time. I have continued this tradition on my own. Movie on Christmas Eve? It is just what you do. So I have drug along significant others if my family couldn't make it. This year was no different. I had to figure out how to fit it in with different schedules, but we did it! This year I went and saw Black Swan. It was very good. I am glad I got to go. Christmas is my favorite holiday but often it is all of the traditions we have surrounding the actual day that I like. Getting a tree, decorating it, baking cookies, hanging up lights on the house, going to a movie, seeing family and eating yummy food. There are so many things to enjoy about the day. I also really like going to the evening service at church. This year kind of sucked since I am so sick. I couldn't sing any of the songs which is my favorite part about the service usually. Oh, and the candles we all hold at the end. But in general, it was still a good day.

I am thankful for the tradition of seeing a movie on Christmas Eve with my family and loved ones.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment