Tuesday, December 28, 2010

12/20/10 Cousin Cookie Day

When we were still young enough that we couldn't stay home all alone during Christmas break, my mother took us to my grandparent's house so she could work and grandma could watch us. We brought over all the ingredients needed to bake cookies. We started small. We made a batch or two of cookies and then spent the rest of the afternoon decorating them. Over the years we added several of our cousins to the tradition. My grandparents remodeled and now we had two ovens to work with and a giant kitchen to spread out in.

I have kept the cookie baking day tradition alive even though my cousins don't live in Portland with me. Last year my mom, Erika and I had a cookie baking day. This year, today, I had one with many interpreters from work. I had a cookie baking-a-thon day where people came at various times throughout the day and made a batch of cookies, hung out and ate food, and then went home. Some people came early, some in the middle, and some not until after work. I had company from 9:30 in the morning until 8:30 at night. It was very fun and nice to see so many friends of mine in a non work environment.

I am thankful for Cousin Cookie Day, in all its forms.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment