Tuesday, December 28, 2010

12/19/10 Family Game Night

My dear friend Erin Shannon wanted "one of everything" from the Trader Joe's Frequent Flier. So that's what her boyfriend got her for Christmas. But since they are leaving town in the morning and many things are perishable, they decided to have a last minute get-together to eat food and celebrate with friends. When I arrived the group was in the middle of a board game.

Growing up we had Family Game Night. I can't remember if it was every week or every other week, or once a month... But it was super fun. We all got to pick one game that we wanted to play and then we would play together as a family. I always picked Nerts. We played Sorry. We probably played Chutes and Ladders since Erika was still so young. I don't think we played Monopoly since it is such a long game, but we may have. We played Clue. We played Know the USA. We played. It was so fun to spend time together playing games where we all laughed and had fun. We didn't have a TV. We actually interacted with each other. I think it is a far better way to spend time together.

Erin and Brian have lots of board games and often have game night. I really enjoy going. Now I need to have a game night, but the game I really want to play is BINGO. It is so much fun. I don't know how other people really feel about it though. I think I'm a little more excited than most.

I am thankful for game night.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment