Monday, December 13, 2010

12/10/10 Mmmmmm

Our Fall office meeting is one of the best. Secret Santa gifts are exchanged. Gift exchange gifts are exchanged. Birthday gifts from our head boss for the year are distributed. We have a great potluck. But best of all is the Shortbread Amazingness that my boss makes. Shortbread with caramel and chocolate. I look forward to it every year. I am a bit notorious for my love of it. One year, my friend, Laura Likes, who also worked as our front desk gal before moving to the HR department, and I ate so much that we had the craziest sugar highs. We laughed at everything and had so much fun and then were in sick agony. I know we had fun, but apparently we were very entertaining for the other people there. That meeting will go down in infamy. They still talk about it and every year they remind me to not eat all of it at once. Today is the day that I got my treat box from Heather and I have already eaten one. It is so sad to me that it is a secret family recipe and that she promised a dying woman she would never tell anyone else the recipe. I will never be able to replicate it for myself. I think I have to go over and help her make it one day and try to spy and see her technique. But I am so happy she makes it for us.

I am thankful for Heather White's delicious shortbread.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment