Tuesday, December 28, 2010

12/14/10 The most important meal of the day

There is a restaurant that opened fairly recently by me. It is called Slappy Cakes. This restaurant joins the millions of breakfast options here in Portland. They have various "normal" breakfast options, but what makes this restaurant so special and fun is the make-your-own pancakes. They have several different kinds of batter to choose from including buttermilk, whole wheat, gluten-free, peanut butter, and I think potato or sweet potato or something. Then you get to choose your mix-ins. They have different sweet items including chocolate chips, my favorite, and savory things like pecans, bacon and goat cheese, and specialty things like lemon curd. You get your batter in a squeeze bottle and get to make the shape and size of pancake you like right at your table. You can add your mix-ins while it is cooking or spread them over the top when it is finished cooking. It is a very fun experience. I also very much enjoy the various options to tailor the pancake specifically to me. I think they have around 30 different options. I usually get chocolate chips, but today I got bacon, sauteed mushrooms, and goat cheese. Delicious!

I am thankful for Slappy Cakes.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment