Tuesday, December 28, 2010

12/15/10 Here comes the bride

Today I met my younger sister at The English Department to try on her wedding dress which has just arrived. The English Department has fantastic dresses and I really wanted one to wear to her wedding. I've missed the boat on that one since they take 14 weeks or something to order. But their dresses come as wedding dresses or bridesmaid dresses and I thought I could get a bridesmaid dress and look so great. Their dresses are not froo froo-y or over-the-top. Everything is simple and elegant and classic looking. Just what us Kyllingstads prefer. As I waited for Erika I was talking with the gal who worked there and she said I could go ahead and try some on. Since she had a customer I felt bad doing that since I would just be playing around so I declined. Then when the customer left and Erika still wasn't there I asked if it would really be ok. She said of course, so I played dress-up and tried on 4 different dresses. They were all so cute and fun. Then as I saw Erika coming in, I changed back in to regular clothes since today was all about her! She tried on her dress and it looked fantastic. She is wearing a green dress instead of white and I am so excited. I am glad that she is not intimidated into doing what the "norm" is when she really wants to do something else fun and exciting. She is going to look great.

I am thankful for Erika's fun and exciting wedding dress.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment