Friday, December 31, 2010

12/26/10 Pit Stop

We woke up this morning and had a nice breakfast with my aunt and uncle. It is really nice to stay with them because we get to talk to them. When we are at my grandparent's house we have something like 30 people to talk to. Plus with all the activity of opening gifts, eating, etc., we hardly get to actually talk to everyone. And my uncle seems to be hard to track down at big family gatherings as well. So what I was telling my mom today on the car ride home was that it is really nice to stay there so that we get to talk to him. We had nice conversation last night and a good breakfast this morning. Then we packed up and headed over to Barb's. I think we were over there for about two hours as well. We had a nice time over there and then got back on the road for Portland.

We used to stop in Centralia for gas and a restroom. But if we don't need gas, an Arco restroom is not very desirable. On Thanksgiving my mother and I stopped at exit 72 instead of 82 and used the restroom at the McDonald's there and got a hot chocolate. It was much better. So today we did the same thing on the way home. No one else wanted a beverage but as I was hacking in the car to the point of vomiting, never fun, I got one thinking it would help coat my throat. And it did. I am sorry that the preceding was so graphic and gross. I am sure that would be labeled "tmi," but I feel it is important to note how bad my coughing was in order to appreciate how awesome a 12oz cup of hot chocolate was.

I am thankful for my hot chocolate from the McDonalds espresso machine at exit 72.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment