Thursday, May 19, 2011

5/7/11 Farmer Kirsten

Today mom and I went vegetable shopping. I got some good dirt for the garden the other day and got that all in the slightly raised bed, so I am ready to plant some delicious things. I got a lot:

strawberries plus a special ceramic pot,
oregano,
thyme,
basil,
Roma, Pear, Mr. Stripey, and Celebrity tomato plants,
garlic,
walla walla onions,
red, orange, and yellow bell peppers,
rainbow carrots,
peas,
and a lemon cucumber.

Now all I need are some potatoes. Everyone seems to be out of starts for those. They said I can buy organic potatoes and plant those though. They may not be disease resistant but will be better than planting a "regular" one. I want to grow some blue potatoes, and some fingerling potatoes. I need to get those soon. I don't know how long they take to grow. Or really when to harvest them so I should remind myself of that too. We had a lot of fun looking at plants, including the new hosta I got, even if it did rain on us some. I saw some good rain chains and took pictures for research. I took a picture of a wall for mom. I'm sure we looked funny to other people at the nursery. We were taking pictures of random things. We had a good day.

I am thankful for my shopping for vegetables day with my mom.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment