Thursday, May 19, 2011

5/16/11 Easter Revisited

For several days after Easter people were talking about and eating egg salad. I remember going to Yakima in high school on a mission trip with church. We had egg salad sandwiches for lunch one day. I didn't want it. I had never had one before and it looked gross. But that was all there was to eat. They brought lunch out to the construction site for us. So when you've been building houses all morning in the heat you eat what you are given. Actually it wasn't bad. Now, years later I have eaten some egg salad and actually really enjoyed it. My vegan egg salad made with tofu is also to die for. The faux tuna salad is also delicious and my mom really likes that. But I have really had a hankering for some good egg salad and I haven't had any yet. My mom and I would sit out on my deck two summers ago after working in the yard and have dinner together. We would have one of these sandwiches on a baguette from Le Petit Provence and have a great time. I need me some egg salad, that's all there is to it.

I am thankful for egg salad. (And growing up enough to try it and like it)

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment