Thursday, May 19, 2011

5/19/11 Herb Orange Retires

Our horticulture instructor is named Herb Orange. I think plants, trees, and flowers were his calling from the beginning. Today he had his retirement party. I didn't know him very well but he had been at Clark for 33 years. After hearing him talk I think it would have been hilarious to interpret his class. Also a bit frustrating since I often had no idea what he was saying. But he was very thankful to the people he worked with, he always said it was a great day and was always in a good mood. And there was cake. All decorated with green leaves and plants. I think we should have a welcome party for the person who takes his place. And have cake.

I am thankful for the celebration today which provided me with some tasty lemonade and cake.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment