Tuesday, May 10, 2011

4/13/11 Purple

Today I had an interview at the VRS, Video Relay Service, company Purple. I went in and go a partial tour. The actual video call room is off-limits, by law, until hired and through training. The FCC is very strict. I talked with the head director of the site who is a former teacher and then she pulled up the skype so I could have the formal part of my interview with a woman in Texas. I had to do the entire thing in sign language! Understand what she was asking and answer. A few years ago that would have terrified me. I probably would have been more nervous about it now if I had known that was how it was going to be and had had the time to get nervous. As it was, it just happened. I think the interview went very well. I was very comfortable being there. I felt like my answers made sense and that I signed well. I hope I get it! It is in downtown Vancouver and very close to Clark. I can make my own schedule anywhere between a half and eight hours a day. I could go there after work at Clark before coming home, in between classes if I have a long break, weekends, evenings, whatever! It would be so great to get in and get trained and get working so that by summer I can have some income.

I am thankful that my interview went well.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment