Thursday, May 19, 2011

4/27/11 Factory Tours

While driving along the Oregon Coast on our family vacation, we stopped in at the Tillamook Cheese Factory. We watched the assembly line for how the cheese was made and packaged. At the end of the tour we were greeted with several different kinds of cheeses to sample. I had my first and last cheese curd. They are super salty and squeaky. People from the midwest love them, but they are weird. Then we got ice cream which made up for the icky cheese curds. And I got a really cute stuffed animal cow that I think my mom has now.

I just bought some Tillamook cheddar cheese today for my homemade crab salad hot sandwich. I am glad that we have local a good local dairy that also holds some good memories.

I am thankful for Tillamook. In general.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment