Tuesday, May 10, 2011

4/14/11 New Life!

I posted about my make-up shirt before. I got it from my grandfather in 7th grade and have used it in every show I have been in since. There are several buttons missing. A safety pin is holding it closed. I have the buttons, I should get around to sewing them back on. The cuffs are almost completely off. They are literally holding on by a thread. It is nice because I hook my thumbs through them, but it is getting a little ridiculous and so as I put them through the wash this last weekend at the theatre I safety pinned them shut. It took me some time to get them on there perfectly but I did pretty good work. When I arrived tonight I saw that Marie had sewn them up for me. I miss my thumb hooks a little and it was a little confusing to me as I tried to put them in unconsciously during warm-up. I didn't notice I was doing it until I found that I couldn't and I didn't understand why my shirt felt different. Silly me. But I am so happy that she sewed them up for me. I have been meaning to do that, as with the buttons, but haven't gotten around to it. Thank you Marie for doing it for me!

I am thankful my shirt has newly sewn cuffs.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment