Thursday, May 19, 2011

5/4/11 Guatemala

I have been carrying around junk, I mean treasures, for many years. Some things 10 years, some longer, some shorter. But most of them at least a few years. I had visions of a garage sale. I had had one several years ago and sold some stuff but I couldn't bring myself to donate everything else. I thought I would try again with the things I though were actually worth something. But they have been accumulating and sitting in my mom's garage for this whole time. My friend Renee and her husband Steve are headed to Guatemala on a mission trip this summer. They need items for their rummage sale to raise funds. How perfect. I decided to donate to her cause. They can take whatever cash they get and whatever they don't sell they can donate but I don't have to know. And then I can write-off my charitable contribution. And I don't have to organize the garage sale or man it this summer. This is like the best of several worlds. Good luck Renee and have fun this summer!

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment