Monday, August 15, 2011

7/9/11 24 High Fives

Training for the Hood to Coast requires some long runs. It had been awhile since I had done anything too long and today Jason ran my 6 miles with me at the track down the street from his house. Ethan came along with some toys and some food. He ran with us at first. He made it about 3/4 of one loop around the track. Then he played with his light saber and soccer ball for a bit. He ate some food. He also decided it would be fun to hold his arms down and make us say a password in order to get by. Every time around. This was fine for a few times but when it was happening every loop I was thinking about how this was going to get old. So one the third time around I asked him if he was going to give us high fives. There was a split second of him thinking about it and then he said yes. So from then on he gave both of us high fives every time we came around. He would sit up in the bleachers eating his sandwich until we started rounding the corner, then he would come down and cheer us on with a high five as we crossed the line, then he would run back up to eat some more sandwich. It helped a considerable amount! It really made those last two miles easier to do when I had a high five to look forward to. I highly recommend bringing along a cheerleader to all your training runs if you can.

I am thankful for Ethan's high fives today.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment