Monday, August 8, 2011

7/4/11 Three Tree

Happy Independence Day! I like going to Three Tree Point to celebrate the fireworks with my friends Jennifer and Caroline. This year I am, sadly, not going. But I will be there in spirit and perhaps I will get to go again in the future. I like sitting on the beach there and finding cool rocks and shells. I like sitting in the house and looking out of the big bay windows at the activity below. I like watching the neighbors put their Christmas tree out in the row boat and watch it shoot off the fireworks they have rigged to it and then watch it burn as it catches on fire from them. What weirdos. The neighbors on the other side set off a cannon last year. I like watching the fireworks off the barge from the warmth of the house. It is such a fun place to go and today I am wishing I could be joining in their festivities. But I am also very glad and excited to be spending it with Ethan and Jason down here. We are going to go down by OMSI to watch the fireworks.

I am thankful for the years I have been able to spend the fourth at Three Tree Point.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment