Tuesday, August 2, 2011

6/28/11 Smokey

Nothing is better than having a campfire on the beach on a lovely evening. What I love is reliving that moment when I step in the shower and smell the campfire again as I wash my hair. I'm not sure why that makes me smile. It seems like I should feel good that I'm getting clean but that isn't really what I like about it. I think it is remembering the time spent on the beach around a fire. Well, really any fire. Ours was technically at the campsite. While close to the beach, it wasn't an actual beach bonfire or anything. But I like remembering the fun we had making s'mores and losing the marshmallows in the fire. Watching the fire flicker in the dark. Cooking some hot dogs. Sitting and relaxing with one another. I think that is all mixed up together. Anyway, it is a good smell.

I am thankful for the reminder of the campfire when I wash my hair in the shower.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment