Thursday, August 18, 2011

7/16/11 Sand Castles

Today was signing autographs after the show and saw my mom who had come to the show today. Then Jason and Ethan showed up. They had done something out and about and decided to come say hello since they knew I was just finishing up the show. That was a nice surprise. After I was done we took the Max downtown and went to Sand in the City. Every July there is a sand castle competition in Pioneer Square. There seems to usually be some kind of theme. All the castles are different though so maybe it is that they are given a topic to build to. Our favorite castle was a camping scene complete with a campfire with s'mores, trees, a squirrel, and a tent with a pair of feet sticking out. One of the other ones had a big mountain with tiny trees on it that was pretty impressive too. We played with some of the stuff in the OMSI tent and Ethan made a paper bag puppet. It was fun. I look forward to it every year. How cool is it to have several sand castles in the middle of the city?

I am thankful I was able to go to Sand in the City today.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment