Tuesday, August 2, 2011

7/1/11 Shakespeare in the Park

This evening Jason, Ethan, and I went to Lovejoy Fountian and watched the first act of the Tempest put on by Portland Actor's Ensemble. I knew some people in the show and went to support them. I also thought it would be fun for Ethan to watch some crazy Shakespeare in the Park at a fun fountain. And, my two friends were interpreting the performance this evening. Ethan had so much fun running around the fountain and playing on the different levels it had. He liked the characters costumes and thought Jamie, a gal who is also in Rumpelstiltskin with me, was very pretty. So it was a great decision to go. We left at intermission, which was also a good decision. The interpreters, Jackie and Steve, did a great job interpreting the language and were much better to watch at times when certain actors were onstage. I also got to see some other interpreter friends of mine that I have not seen in ages. It was a fun evening.

I am thankful for our Shakespeare in the Park experience today.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment