Saturday, January 22, 2011

1/7/11 Tulla Salon

I started working at Chili's Bar and Grill in 2000. I worked there until 2008 when I found out from the local news coverage that the restaurant had closed and I was out of a job. Movers had come overnight and gutted the restaurants of everything that wasn't nailed down. People showed up to work the next morning and didn't know what was going on when they couldn't open the building and everything was missing from the inside. Classy.

I met many people through my 8 years there that I truly enjoyed working with. One of these people is Erin Shorthill. Erin worked as a host and then a server. She left the restaurant to pursue her career in hair. I started going to her at her school and followed her to her first job at Hello Gorgeous. The salon closed a few years ago and Erin opened up her own business.

The thing Erin is really good about is knowing what the client wants and giving them a style that matches their face and personality. It's uncanny. And I always get so many compliments. Today I went in to get my partial foil and had a great time visiting and catching up while she worked.

I am thankful for Erin and her great work!

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment