Saturday, January 22, 2011

1/19/11 The Man in the Moon

Wow the moon is big and bright and beautiful. I always like when it is rising and it looks gigantic next to the horizon. And when it is bright orange or yellow that is even better.

We've been having way too much rain for my liking recently. I am not against the rain. I don't mind it normally. But I need to it not to be happening all the time. Especially not during the bulk of my summer. Tonight the sky was clear, well mostly, and I could see some stars and this beautiful moon. I like how it is always changing. Depending on where it is in the sky it looks like a completely different size and color. It waxes and wanes. It is up at night and sometimes it is up during the day. We have a children's moon, a harvest moon, a new moon, and a blue moon. We have lunar eclipses where the sun hides the moon and solar eclipses where the moon hides the sun. It's pretty amazing. Not to mention the tides being tied to the moon's movement. Yeah, I think I'll keep it.

I am thankful for the moon.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment