Saturday, January 22, 2011

1/20/11 Fertile Ground

The Fertile Ground Festival happens annually for two weeks around this time of year. It is a chance for people to show new work and get feedback from audiences. It is pretty fun to see all the different things local people have written and come up with. This is my first year performing in the festival and I'm pretty excited about it. I will be in a reading on Sunday. But that's not what I want to talk about here.

Tonight I went to a show called Mr. Darcy. It was just a short one-woman show that was a snippet of a larger show to be mounted in the fall. It was all about how "Books Save Lives!" and the woman goes on to explain how books help people in a multitude of ways. She acted out some books from her youth and really did a great job. It was very funny and I am excited to see what they come up with for a full length production later this year.

I am thankful for the delightful show I saw this evening. What a great concept and so much fun.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment