Thursday, January 13, 2011

1/6/11 Classic Scenes

Today as I reached for the dishwasher liquid I grabbed the dish soap instead. Realizing my mistake immediately, I put it back.

You know how in the movies someone accidentally puts dish soap in the dishwasher and it overflows with bubbles and then crazy hilarity ensues? I always wanted to do that. It had happened to my friend Caroline and I was secretly jealous. I could just do it but that would just be dumb. You don't plan to make a mess, it needs to simply happen. I never tried to "accidentally" use the wrong soap. I was always very careful to use the right kind. But secretly, I wished one day it would happen to me.

About eight years ago I was living with a roommate in Wilsonville and this very thing happened to me. I came out from my room after having started the dishwasher awhile before to find tiny white bubbles spilling out onto the floor. I was delighted! I think other people would have been annoyed. I stopped the dishwasher and cleaned everything up with a huge smile on my face while I giggled.

I am thankful for my fun movie scene I experienced.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment