Monday, February 28, 2011

2/26/11 What a sight

Tonight I got home to water gushing forth from my backyard spigot. Mom and I had wrapped the faucets but it was just spewing out anyway. So I pulled off the wrapping and tried to shut it off more. The more the faucet was closed, the worse the water was. The more I turned the water "on," the less that came out. I couldn't find the shut off lever anywhere in the garage and i didn't want to shut the water off to the house at the curb so I called 911. The fire station is literally 7 blocks from my house so they were there in, like, 2 minutes! They couldn't turn it off either. (I know, I already tried that) They couldn't find the shut off in the garage, despite being able to hear it running. (I know, I looked there too guys) So they crawled under my house and found the switch. Hooray! And luckily, despite having my water shut off, it was only the water to that faucet so I still have water to the house. I can deal with the outside water when the weather warms up, and it isn't on a weekend. Why does that kind of stuff always break on a Friday night? I think appliances and emergency repair maintenance things are in cahoots with the companies that are hired to repair them. Watch it faucet. I've got my eye on you.

Today I am especially thankful that I still have water to my house.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment