Sunday, October 24, 2010

10/24/10 in the wee small hours of the morning

Today I awoke at 5am to go to a job. For me, that was pretty early on a Sunday morning. For others, it is a pretty late Saturday night. Driving home while it is still dark outside, after a 2 hour job I was thinking how beautiful it is to drive over the Marquam Bridge and look at the city in lights. Usually, I like to look at it at night and really enjoy the city in lights, but this morning the lights were still on and the sky was getting lighter as the dawn approached. It is nice to think about how the city has been sleeping and while it is still now, soon it will be bustling with movement and activity. I was born at 6:30am so I've always been a morning person.

I am thankful that I am a person who can be awake and alert and present in the morning to witness the beauty that our world and city has to offer. Someone who may need coffee or another 3 hours before they are "awake" that then just drives to work in an auto-pilot fog misses it. They don't know what they're missing. Even in the pouring down rain. It's really amazing.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment