Wednesday, October 20, 2010

10/20/10 gulls

While walking across campus a few years ago with my friend and co-worker Renee Stoll I saw a hear a large group of Seagulls. I commented on them in some way. I forget how but Renee said she had recently learned that they are not called Seagulls unless they are on the coast. Instead, these are referred to as Inland Gulls. Well, you learn something new everyday.

I love the beach and am really often the most happy when I am there. I want a beach house, with a porch and white wicker furniture. I don't particularly like wicker furniture, but I envision it as a must at my beach house. When I am at the beach, I hear and see lots of Seagulls.

While most people at work don't like the Gulls since they sit atop light posts and poop on their cars, I strategically park between posts and therefore have no problems. In fact, I very much like them. I haven't heard any in awhile, but today while crossing campus I heard one squawk loudly.

Today I am thankful for the Inland Gulls I hear that remind me of the beach.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment