Thursday, July 21, 2011

6/16/11 Pomp and Circumstance

Today was graduation. The past few years I have gone I froze. I was prepared this year. I wore several layers and brought both a fleece blanket and a snuggie. Other years I have sat in the back of the open air amphitheatre and this year I was helping out with names so I sat closer up. It was much warmer and I didn't even need any of my blankets. Then I wished I hadn't been schlepping them around all day. But it is much better to be warm than still cold. Gathering names was fun and the speaker this year was very good. We had a moment of silence for Alex and one student ripped off their graduation cap and gown after having their name announced to show their batman costume underneath. Pretty funny guy. He was in one of the classes I interpreted in and I like him. There were two little birds that couldn't fly trying to find one another from opposite sides of the stage. Chirping through the speech. It was nice to see them reunited when they finally got there. We went out for some food afterwards and I had a good time with my fellow co-workers. It was freezing outside once the graduation was done so I was glad that part didn't last too long. It was a good graduation. Especially since the speaker was good. Last year we didn't have someone very inspiring so I was happy this lady actually had something good to say.

I am thankful for a good an fun graduation tonight.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment