Wednesday, June 15, 2011

6/8/11 Brasserie

Jason and I are very excited that Ethan arrives tomorrow. We know that we will be spending a lot of time with him and therefore, tonight was date night. Go somewhere fancy, somewhere that takes time to eat, and somewhere that isn't necessarily kid-friendly. We went to the French restaurant downtown. I had a very good fish dish. Although it came out with the head on the plate. This is very fancy, in case you didn't know. But it does make it a little harder to look at. When I was in Roatan I had a whole fish dish at the restaurant off the hotel that had the head still attached. It was the first time. It was very exotic at the time. Not that it isn't now. But it was a surprise to me then and I think that helped me feel better about it this time. You definitely have to get past the eyes and gaping mouth looking at you. But it was still delicious. Light and tasty. Both of them were. We had some desserts from Papa Hayden's and called it a night. It will be our last dinners that require several hours for the summer.

I am thankful for our fun date night.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment