Wednesday, June 15, 2011

6/13/11 Annie go Get it

I was not cast in Annie Get Your Gun. I found out last Wednesday that it had been cast and I was not one of the cast members. I was very sad. I felt that I had done well, and it was a production, and a production team, I really wanted to be involved with. I thanked the director for his feedback, wished him the best, and expressed my desire to be involved with him and this show and said if anything happened with any of the other cast members I would still be interested in working with him. I'm not sure what transpired but I got a call today offering me a role! I'm not sure exactly how it is working in but I am delighted to have the opportunity to work with Ron again. Jason had gone in to read earlier this evening and Ron called him offering him a role before asking him to pass the phone off to me. So we will be in the show together! It is very exciting. I am ready to work my butt off as promised. Then we had delicious Caesar Salad and pizza at Apizza Scholls! What a great night.

This was especially nice since I started off the evening breaking down on the phone with Jason. I have been a little overwhelmed with the news from this weekend, being at school for the first time with everyone since we heard the news, trying to figure out all the work I have to do and trying to figure out when to do it. Jason called with great news about a possibility of a big commercial shoot. The only problem was that it might fall on out camping dates. Which we worked really hard to coordinate. So even though it was great news and I was happy I was also disappointed. Even though I know that will be our lives as professional actors and I can think about alternatives rationally later, at the time I couldn't handle it. I was supposed to go to the Drammy's tonight, an awards ceremony honoring local theatre talent, and couldn't muscle the attitude to go. I didn't want to have to try to put on a happy face and go to a party. So instead Jason and Ethan came and cheered me up. Which they did. And then Ron called. And then we had good food. So today ended well after all.

I am thankful for being cast in Annie Get Your Gun for this fall

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment