Thursday, March 10, 2011

3/8/11 Fat Tuesday

Today is Mardi Gras, Fat Tuesday. Wade, my director, is from the South, and Mardi Gras is something he celebrates more than I ever have. He had beads for us when we arrived at rehearsal and a delicious cake from Beaverton Bakery. I forgot what kind it is now. Sugar cake? Um, that doesn't seem right. Anyway, the tradition is for a plastic baby to be baked into the cake. Whoever finds the baby is the King or Queen for the day. I really wanted to be the Queen. It fits right in with my tiara. Bobby also wanted to find the baby. He told me I could be a princess. Which was still ok with me. When I pulled out my slice, I didn't get the baby so I was sad. What I did get was a chocolate gold coin. When I asked Wade what it meant, he said that was the "baby" Beaverton Bakery uses! Yay me! But Wade said he also put a little plastic baby in there since that was the tradition so I would have to share with whoever found it. I said that was fine. Who should find the baby in their slice of cake but Bobby?! We were both very excited and happy. How funny that the two people who really wanted it, both got it. We did a very good job sharing our role.

I am thankful that I was Queen for the day. Thanks Wade!

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment