Thursday, March 10, 2011

3/2/11 Words can't describe

I am not sure if I can even say how thankful I am today. I had a meeting with a H.O.P.E. counselor this afternoon. I have applied for a home modification twice. I have been turned down twice. The first time they said it wasn't imminent. Then when I couldn't make the mortgage they said I didn't have sufficient income to pay a modification. It has been a big annoying mess. I talking to a financial counselor this afternoon didn't seem like it was going to help at all. I have a job. A lot of other people are unemployed. I have already cut so much out of my budget, I don't really have a anything else to cut out. I hardly turn my heat on. I had a guest leave one time because they were too cold. That was embarrassing. I do not have cable or Internet. I try not to turn the lights on until absolutely necessary. I reduced my garbage pick up to once a month. I called my auto insurance company and got a better rate. Really working at it people! So I was armed and ready to finally get to speak to a person and plead my case. I managed to take my coat off and tell him my identifying information. I then launched into my explanation and made it about 3 minutes before he interrupted me and said he was sorry to cut me off but that it looked like my modification had been approved earlier today. So no need for a story! I was there for a total of 7 minutes. I was the best meeting he had had all day. For me too! So now I will get the official paperwork in the mail in the next week or two. Then I have a three month temporary modification. If I make all my payments on time it will become permanent. Hooray! Looks like I will get to keep my house after all.

I am very very thankful for the news today about my home modification being approved.

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment